Thursday, February 3, 2011

Black Swan

SPOILER ALERT!
While I am here, I guess thinking to myself; wow that is not what I expected. To put it nicely, my mind feels gently disturbed, but in a great way. I loved it; the cinematography (not that I can spell or anything) was some of the best I have seen in a while. The acting was, well, in my opinion great. Maybe not amazingly spectacular, but about as close as I have seen in a very long while. I guess I'm using this post to go over everything I liked, and the maybe 2- 3 things I disliked. Hmm actually it may be less. Anyhow without farther a due -
  To start, this movie is not exactly peachy clean. Darren Aronofsky did an incredible job making you disturbed but the end of the film, but through out it used rather subtle foreshadowing (minus one part but that comes later) So I guess my first little paragraph type deal is on the style of the film. Now, before I start, I enjoy more, how do you say it, disturbing? films. I enjoy the ma-cob,  creepy styles of many films, and I love darker aspects to my movies. This movie has quite a few. Since I wrote spoiler alert (added may-haps 10 seconds ago) I guess I can now say what. To start, there is not a lot of death in this movie. It is a psychological thriller, not a happy go lucky ahh everyone dies sort of film. I dislike thrasher everyone dies flicks usually (the old ones occasionally make me happy though) But the way he makes you creped out is terribly affective. Honestly, I almost have a sick sort of pleasure-full feeling after watching it. Anyhow, the gist is he did a phenominal job, and I loved it.
  Some scenes I really enjoyed based on the style of filming. The dance scenes were done brilliantly. The way the camera did some of the angles was gorgeous. Also the use of symbolism for blood , and black and white was very apperent. I almost think they stole the symolism out of macbeth, for it reminded me heavily of that. They were obvious symbols, but nicely done I must say.The use of contrast was very very well done aswell, though it was sort of the basis of the film.
  Alrighty, the acting. It was, well natalie portman did wonderous. Her performance was amazing. The mother , not that I remember the actor, was creepy and scary and did great. The instructor was decent, he did not have a very large role but for what he had he did well. Whomever played beth caught my attention, she was interesting, I am not sure if it was good per sa but nice to watch? I guess.
  Alrighty, so that is what I enjoyed about black swan. The things I did not like were the guessable ending and some of the graphic scenes, but mostly it was inredble. Okay so I am done, byebye!

No comments:

Post a Comment